The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
RomanPylypiv, CKW2024, Karolina, The Western Easter, Davidp1278
6,095 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 350 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,459
Posts417,200
Members6,095
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
5 Images
St. Nicholas Byzantine Catholic Chapel Beaver Pa.

I Attended Divine Liturgy here yesterday. It was part of the Carpatho Rusyn Society bus trip to Beaver, Munhall, and Mercer Pa. It was a really good time.
1 member likes this: Adamcsc
5 Comments
T
T Offline
Absolutely phenomenal! I wanted so much to go on that trip. I am a member of CR-S and support them as much as possible. The trip sounded wonderful, was it? The chapel looks so great. I've always said that if I ever win a lottery and get millions of dollars, I would love to have something like that built for our church in State College. But I think my conscious would get the better of me---how many people could I help by donating that amount of money to the right charity? Wether it's children in foreign countries or any other number of charities, the millions it would cost to build a church like that could help a lot of people! But the church is gorgeous!

Tim

F
F Offline
Originally Posted by tjm199
I've always said that if I ever win a lottery and get millions of dollars, I would love to have something like that built for our church in State College. But I think my [conscience] would get the better of me---how many people could I help by donating that amount of money to the right charity? [Whether] it's children in foreign countries or any other number of charities, the millions it would cost to build a church like that could help a lot of people! But the church is gorgeous!

Tim

And being in Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as He sat at meat, there came a woman having an alabaster box of ointment of spikenard, very precious; and she broke the box and poured it on His head. And there were some who were indignant within themselves and said, "Why was this ointment wasted? For it might have been sold for more than three hundred pence, and have been given to the poor." And they murmured against her. And Jesus said, "Let her alone. Why trouble ye her? She hath wrought a good work on Me. For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will, ye may do them good; but Me ye have not always. She hath done what she could; she hath come beforehand to anoint My body for burial. Verily I say unto you, wheresoever this Gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, this also that she hath done shall be spoken of as a memorial of her." St Mark 14:3-9

Fr David Straut

What a joyful and beautiful church! I wish we had one like that in California.

J
J Offline
I always thought this church was attractive, particularly the exterior colour which is reminiscent of many wealthy summer seaside homes here on the Eastern Coastline (ie: Cape Cod and Long Island). Is the exterior colour 'pale-blue greyish' or is this just an optical illusion ?

I.F.

It is pale blue-gray. No optical illusions.

Moderated by  Administrator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2024). All rights reserved.