The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
isadoramurta7, Tridemist_Zoomer, FrAnthonyC, L.S. Predy, Mike Allo
6,049 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
2 members (theophan, Fr. Al), 558 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,420
Posts416,919
Members6,049
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
M
Originally posted by patricivs:

No interest in converting believers from [b]another
denomination! Since when was the Catholic Church a denomination? I find this kind of statement from a so called expert problematic.

God bless,

Patricius

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: patricivs ][/b]

Patricius,

I whole-heartedly feel you. I have even read catholics on the pay roll of the Church, representing the Church, make statments like: "no one likes sheep steeling" in regards to Protestant/Catholic conversion of one another in North America and Latin America. I find this kind of outlook to be a failure in the proper disposition of the conciousness of what it is to be Roman Catholic. It is my view that much of the problem of Roman Catholcism in the West regarding it's loss of people, is many fold yes, but very much a direct result of the failure of the Catholic Bishops to come from out of the Middle Ages in mind set, and recognize a higher educated population that is no longer a blind illiterate peasent class that can hardley think for it's self. What needs to take place is the Church to start putting forth a better effort to teach the faith from childhood on up and to take example of the Buddhist and try to impart on each adolesant those things that will help him/her experience God in the actual/physical not just in the intellectual and thus the teaching of how to actually make discernment on your own as to what daily path is of Christ and Church and of what many daily paths that come along are not. This then would be worked inconjunction with the pronouncements of the Bishops. As it is now catholics are expected to relie on 95% percent pernouncemnts of the Bishops and 5% of their cognition. An example can be given of this by the rather arrogant and idiot, desire of the Bishops (or some Bishops) Brazil to want to make a declaration of the use of condoms by Brazilian prostitutes, that decaration being that there use is a sin and should not be used. When with all the AID's and life struggles that make up Brazil (as with every other nation on earth) the Brazilian Bishops should have been making a strong declaration that Brazillian Catholics are to / should be depending heavily on consul from spiritual directors/confessors. And leave the sin of condom use of prostitutes between the said prostitute her/his confessor/spiritual director and God.

The Church also has so much internal dissent that it's influence and corruption is eating away at the body of Christ, and breaking down it's defense to Protestanizism. This internal dissent needs to be taken care of. If the Church were to... give me... in ten years I would have the Church in almost entirely clean up of this. As for the Priests who wish to continue in sex with children, and for the Priest in Africa who wish to rape the Nuns and take on dozens of concubines, and for the dissenters of the Church who wish to internaly transform the Church into behavioural Protestants left to Church democracy, for them all... I would crack their backs on the rack.

S
S
Originally posted by Maximus:

Patricius,

I would crack their backs on the rack.

So, you're a chiropractor?

Sonny smile

M
M
Originally posted by Sonny:

So, you're a chiropractor?

Sonny smile

Sonny, I meant that figuratively. But I would suppose... figuratively yes. smile

S
S
Originally posted by Maximus:

Sonny, I meant that figuratively. But I would suppose... figuratively yes. smile

I couldn't resist the temptation. smile

Sonny

G
Online Content
G
The Russian Catholic Church(both Byzantine and Roman) does indeed have a future. The beatification of Blessed Exarch Leonid Feodorov definitely is a testimony that it is Our Lord's will that the Catholic Church has a future in Russia. Blessed Leonid worked for the unity of the Russian Orthodox and Roman Catholic Church. He was responding to our Lord's prayer "that all may be one".
I am confident that the Holy Father will make a visit to Russia. It has become a personal mission of mine to pray everyday for Pope John Paul II to go to Russia. I agree with the statement made by His Beatitude Cardinal Husar in which he said that it it is not the Patriarch of Moscow who will decide if the Pope goes to Russia, it will be Our Lord Himself. Our prayers are needed for this visit to happen.
Any future pope may be able to visit Russia, but it would not have the same impact as with our present Holy Father. He is the first Slavic pontiff of modern times. Our Holy Father played a major role in bringing down communism. Also, it was he who consecrated Russia to the Immaculate Heart of the Theotokos on March 25th, 1984. According to Sister Lucia, the last surviving visionary of fatima, this act fulfilled the requirements requested by the Theotokos at Fatima. At the present moment, the celebrated icon of Our Lady of Kazan-the "Liberatrix of Russia"- is in his private chapel, awaiting the day when the Holy Father can personally return the icon to Russia.
I believe all these events inevitably lead to a papal visit to Russia- a sort of divine reward from Our Lord to the Holy Father for bringing down communism. How could it not be?
Imagine the site of the Holy Father, the Vicar of Christ, the earthly shepard of Christendom celebrating liturgy in Moscow, the former capitol of atheism.
Please join me in praying that the Holy father will visit Russia soon. All things are possible with God.

Thank you and God bless you,
griego catolico

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2024). All rights reserved.