The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
James_890, Seryozha, Augustin C, CharlesN, John Steve
6,079 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 234 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,439
Posts417,063
Members6,079
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Job Offline
Cantor
Cantor
J Offline
Vichnaja pamjat Fr. Pavlo

Prayers offered for his soul and his family especially at this time.

Chris

Job #251677 09/06/07 12:56 AM
B
B Offline
Prayers.

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Memory eternal for the servant of God, Father Pavlo, and prayers too for his wife, children, parents, and family, as well as his parishioners, that they be comforted in their loss.

Neil

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
Grateful
Grateful
Memory Eternal !!!

Prayers for his family and loved ones, spiritual as well as natural !!!

Lord have mercy !!!

May the Theotokos intercede on his behalf !

-- John

Blessed repose,and may his memory be eternal. Vichnaja pamjat!

B
B Offline
Vichnaya pamyat yomu!!!

H
Administrator
Administrator
H Offline
How sad! May the Lord God grant to his newly departed priestly servant Pavlo, blessed repose. May his memory be eternal!

May God grant help and strength to his family, and to all his spiritual children!

Anna #251755 09/07/07 12:41 AM
To The Hayda Family and Parishioners of St. Joseph's:

Our deepest sympathy on the loss of your dear husband, father, son, brother and wonderful pastor. We here in Northeastern Pennsylvania have all of you in our prayers.
May Father Pavlo rest in peace with Our Lord Jesus Christ and with all the Saints.

Vichnaya Pamyat! May Father Paul's Memory be Eternal!

I'm just now piecing some things together. Father Basil Salkovski and I are just now developing a friendship. As the head of the Deanery for the area he is overseeing many of the funeral arrangements and will be involved in the services for Father Hayda. He tells me with what sorrow he is facing not only these responsibilities but also the fact that this wonderful family will now be effectively homeless. Pray for Father Basil but even more so for this family.

CDL

Православный мирян
Православный мирян
Prayers for Fr. Basil and for the family. I am remembering Fr. Pavlo in my prayers morning and evening...

Timothy

P
P Offline
My father just called to tell me of Fr. Hayda's passing. Fr. Hayda graciously blessed my marriage on my 10-year wedding anniversary. As a Roman Catholic of Greek ancestry who loves Eastern Catholicism, I wished to celebrate my anniversary at St. Joseph's, as opposed to my Roman church. Father seemed to understand my unique situation and happily performed the service. It was beautiful, especially his final blessing, which he did in Ukranian. He shared with me at the time that our lives were quite parallel -- his marriage was also at the 10-year mark and we were the same age. I was so saddened to hear about his sudden death.

May his memory be eternal. Eternal rest grant upon him, O Lord, and may the perpetual light shine upon him.

L
L Offline

Prayers for the repose of the soul of Father Pavlo, and may his family and friends be comforted during this terrible tragedy.

Did anyone here attend the wake or funeral of this beloved priest? I bet there was an abundance of grace in the midst of such sorrow...

Anna #251981 09/09/07 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Anna
Did anyone here attend the wake or funeral of this beloved priest? I bet there was an abundance of grace in the midst of such sorrow...

I was unable to attend but our priest at Annunciation Byzantine Church did. He reported that the rather large St. Joseph's Church was packed; that over 50 priests were in attendance; and as the casket was led to the grave it was accompanied by a Dixie Land Jazz band from New Orleans as Father loved(s) Jazz. Still no word on how the family will be cared for.

CDL

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2024). All rights reserved.