The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
QuisUtDeus, James_890, Seryozha, Augustin C, CharlesN
6,080 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (MalpanaGiwargis), 222 guests, and 38 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,440
Posts417,072
Members6,080
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
D Offline
Who's during what this summer (especially you Ruthenoi!!)? I've heard that some parishes in the Eparchy of Phoenix biggrin are concentrating on World Youth Day, some on Uniontown, and some on the Eparchial gathering in Fontana.

What y'all doin'?

Yours in the Theotokos,

Darrenn

As I mentioned in a previous thread, WYD 2002 in Toronto is where it's at! JPII himself will be here, and for all you Ukrainian Catholics, Patriarch Lubomyr will be there too! Don't miss it! It's the chance of a lifetime!

You too can be there, for only five easy payments...

Daniil

D
D Offline
Daniil,

I'll be going to WYD too!! I stopped by the STA (Student Travel Association) today and checked out the availability of tickets from Phx. to Detroit ($246 both ways!! Non-stop!!). If I end up going to a summer session to help me get caught up, then I won't be able to get to Uniontown. But I'm almost certain I'll be at the gathering in Fontana.

Patriarch Lubomyr rocks!!

Yours in the Theotokos,

Darrenn

Hi,

I need info please. My teenagers have decided they want to go to WYD. Four of them want to go I don't know for sure they can do it since one has a new full time and the other is going to be in school all summer.

However, is it possible for us to hook them up with one of the youth groups that are going, it it isn't too late. And what are the dates for sure?

Thanks,
Rose

D
D Offline
Rose,

I dunno where you live, so I'd be hard pressed to tell you anything definitive. I do know that registration forms and fees had to be in sometime in January.

Yours in the Theotokos,

Darrenn

Since you are on the Forum, Rose, you must have the internet. I don't know the exact information, but I know there is a WYD 2002 website. Maybe just type that into google.com or whatever search-engine you use and you will find the site. I think that you can just show up and have one-day "passes" or whatever you require to go to the events. About accomodation: maybe contact the Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of Toronto (www.ucet.ca [ucet.ca] or .net or something). They are quite organized and will probably know of where you can stay or hook up with some other groups.

Daniil

We're bringing a ton of Seattle Byzanteens to Mt. St. Macrina. They really enjoyed it two years ago. DJ, you'd better be there. We'd sure love to meet you. School in summer is no fun!

M
M Offline
Originally posted by Michael Brooks:
School in summer is no fun!

When is school ever fun? wink

D
D Offline
Michael,

Unfortunately, It doesn't look like I'll be able to attend Uniontown (as it is I'm planning on going to WYD and the Eparchial Gathering in Fontana), and the money is going to be really really tight as it is.

Yours in the Theotokos,

Darrenn

Don`t give up hope, Darrenn! Ask and ye shall receive! I`ll pray for you, and I`m sure everyone at on the Forum will too. We`d love to see you at WYD and at all the other spiritual events this summer.

Daniil

My dear young friends,

I too think that the Pope, the Successor of St Peter, "Rocks!" smile

Patriarch Lubomyr is "Cool" too.

Let's pray that His Holiness sees fit to glorify as a saint the Lily of the Mohawks, Bl. Kateri Tekakwitha, who is a patron of the World Youth Day in Toronto.

Rock on!

Alex

Yes, they are all "tubular", "narly", and "groovy" as well. biggrin smile wink Hahahaha

Daniil

[ 02-23-2002: Message edited by: Daniil ]

G
G Offline
how very "lame".

Ilya (Hooray for Orthodoxy!!)Galadza
"Thank you", "Ilya."

"Daniil"

N
nyx Offline
Fugitive
Fugitive
N Offline
I'm going to Macrina w/ a few kids from my church. I'll be the goth in the corner avoiding social interaction wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fr. Deacon Lance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2024). All rights reserved.