The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Mike Allo, Narek, Bryce, matrixrevived, Vincent Gabriel
6,045 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
2 members (Chrysostomos407, theophan), 630 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,413
Posts416,894
Members6,045
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I have a raft of pictures from Fr. Mike's funeral, but they are not sized small enough to post here.

I would be glad to send them as an attachment to anyone who would like to see them. There are about 70 of them.

Or perhaps someone with a better knowledge of computers than I have could make a suggestion as to how to share them with the community.

Thanks.

Brother Ed

Go to Yahoo and make a picture album. It will automaticly do it for you, then you can provide the link. You are able to choose private or public viewing.

OP Offline
Actually, I have a photo album at Photobucket. Let me work on it for a while. I will post you when I have all the pictures up and you can try it out for me to see if it works.

Brother Ed

OP Offline
Okay.....I got everything ready for you.

Log on to this url:

http://photobucket.com/

When you do, the Photobucket main page will come up. Go to the upper right hand corner and in the search box enter the name IrishEddieOHara and click on search!

Then, when my page of pictures comes up, click on the tab with the green arrow that says "slideshow" and you will get a moving presentation of our farewell to Fr. Mike.

Brother Ed

PS There's a couple of personal pics at the end. I couldn't figure out how to set them aside from the main album.

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Ed,

Thank you for those. Very nicely done.

Many years,

Neil

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
John
John
Excellent photos!

Thanks!

J
Job Offline
Cantor
Cantor
J
Thank You Brother Ed!!!

Chris Gombos

W
W

W
W

OP Offline
Yes. He loved that hand cross and the vestments were his favorites. They were hand made for him by a woman in the Urraine and he often spoke of them quite fondly. They were stunningly beautiful vestments.

I am going to miss him and seeing him in them.

Brother Ed

I was very fortunate to attend Father Michael's funeral and as a cantor was privileged to be asked to sing one of the Hymns of Saint John of Damascus (Tone 4) from the choir loft. Ed, thank you for taking the time to post these pictures. It was just like being there, sometimes even better. Eternal memory!

Ray
www.theologyincolor.com [theologyincolor.com]

Nice photos. I always like seeing the blend of Roman Catholic and Eastern Catholic clerics at one service.

Alice

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Originally posted by 70x7:
www.theologyincolor.com [theologyincolor.com]
Ray,

Not to detract from the topic of the thread, but I wanted to comment on how much I like the Father/Son dual website - very nice smile

Many years,

Neil

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2024). All rights reserved.