The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Mage, haiderbuttcs, Symeon03, Virginia, Raúl Fernández
6,067 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (theophan), 277 guests, and 122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,430
Posts416,974
Members6,067
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#172917 03/30/06 02:25 PM
Great picture!

For the record, I never said I didn't like him because he doesn't wear a klobuk. I only asked what his reason was.

Nick

#172918 03/30/06 02:33 PM
Dear Ivasyk,

Please do not offend the Ukrainian Catholic Church or the Roman Catholic Church by your desparaging comments about "Husar" and "Woytyla."

(Husar is my relative, for one thing, as was Archbishop Volodymyr Sterniuk.)

As for fruits, even my Jewish uncle wanted to convert to Christianity when Pope John Paul II was here in Toronto.

You should be ashamed of yourself. I am ashamed there are Ukrainians who can say that.

When will we Ukrainians become intelligent as a whole people? Any ideas?

Alex

#172919 03/30/06 05:51 PM
I
I
Originally posted by Orthodox Catholic:
Dear Ivasyk,

Please do not offend the Ukrainian Catholic Church or the Roman Catholic Church by your desparaging comments about "Husar" and "Woytyla."

You should be ashamed of yourself. I am ashamed there are Ukrainians who can say that.

When will we Ukrainians become intelligent as a whole people? Any ideas?

Alex
Dear Alex,
thank you for your answer. I had an opportunity to meet Metropolyt Sterniuk in January 1997, a few month before he died. He was a man of faith, prayer. Faithfull son of his Congregation and of Catholic Church.
I can't see Husar or Wojtyla doing this. They stoped 3 orthodox bishops joining UGCC, even after fact that Abp. Volodymyr accepted them to UGCC and re-consecrated them sub-conditione.
The price for it will be high. I hope that JPII will be not beatified because them people would not pray for him but to him.
I know Card Husar personally. A few times I had a private lunch with him. So, I know what I am saying. Please understand me.
God Bless. Z Bohom.
Ivasyk

#172920 03/30/06 06:08 PM
OP Offline
Nicholas,

It wasn't directed at you.

-uc

#172921 03/30/06 06:15 PM
Dear Ivasyk,

Well, I don't think you do.

I find your comments offensive, so offensive that it really casts doubts, for me, on the identity presented here.

I would not doubt that you are a supporter of the Society of St Josaphat and, as such, are at odds with the UGCC, Patriarch Lubomyr and the Catholic Church.

This is a Catholic forum. Not an SSPX forum that considers itself to be the only true Catholics etc.

Those who think they can pass judgement on Pope John Paul II are not Catholics, they have blinded themselves in their pride and their attachment to rites and attitudes of yesteryear and think they know better than the Catholic Church.

The Church is the Body of Christ and the Holy Spirit guards and protects it, and her Popes.

Those who attack her Popes, attack the Catholic Church and so, are not Catholic.

I don't know who you are, but you do not come bearing good fruit, attacking both our UGCC Patriarch Lubomyr (who was Patriarch Joseph the Confessor's favoured successor, in case you didn't know) and our Pope John Paul the Great who beatified our Martyrs - something that no Pope in the past would do for fear of harming ecumenical relations with Moscow.

How dare you! Administrator/Moderators - please look into this cause for offense!

Alex

#172922 03/30/06 07:20 PM
I don't think you should call John Paul, "Great".
He wasn't just Great. He was "The Greatest!"
:-)

#172923 03/31/06 02:23 AM
G
G
Originally posted by Orthodox Catholic:

Those who think they can pass judgement on Pope John Paul II are not Catholics, they have blinded themselves in their pride and their attachment to rites and attitudes of yesteryear and think they know better than the Catholic Church.

The Church is the Body of Christ and the Holy Spirit guards and protects it, and her Popes.

Those who attack her Popes, attack the Catholic Church and so, are not Catholic.

Just out of curiousity, would I be anti Catholic if I critized one of our past Popes whom committed great attrocities, or is Dante considered anti Catholic because he put a Pope in one of the lower levels of hell?

#172924 03/31/06 09:47 AM
I want the job of Devils Advocate brought back so I can do it for JPII. It would be money for jam biggrin

ICXC
NIKA

#172925 03/31/06 09:10 PM
I
I
Dear Mr. McNabb - does that also apply to Alexander VI, and the various connections of Marousia?

Incognitus

#172926 03/31/06 09:37 PM
G
G
Originally posted by incognitus:
Dear Mr. McNabb - does that also apply to Alexander VI, and the various connections of Marousia?

Incognitus
I was saying , a post above claimed it makes someone anti Catholic to criticize a Pope in anyway, so I was simply asking if the same rule applies for Popes who had illegitamite children, or worse.

#172927 03/31/06 10:24 PM
B
B
I was saying , a post above claimed it makes someone anti Catholic to criticize a Pope in anyway, so I was simply asking if the same rule applies for Popes who had illegitamite children, or worse.
No, no, no! You may only criticize a pope if he is NOT Slavic. The same applies to other churchmen. Otherwise, you will have left the realm of reason and logic and entered the zone of hysteria - you know, where the national flag has a sleeve insignia with feelings on it. wink :p If the churchman you wish to criticize happens to be a Slav, then he was/is/will be canonized by popular acclamation and anyone who disagrees will burn in the fires of hell forever. Whatever were you thinking, my good man? Surely you need to lie down for awhile until this urge to be critical passes. wink biggrin Have some chocolate. It usually helps. wink

#172928 03/31/06 11:48 PM
Enlarge the Slavic to include English, Scotish, French and Irish and I will share my secret supply of chocolates with you. biggrin

ICXC
NIKA

#172929 04/01/06 02:12 AM
B
B
Originally posted by Pavel Ivanovich:
Enlarge the Slavic to include English, Scotish, French and Irish and I will share my secret supply of chocolates with you. biggrin

ICXC
NIKA
Hey, that works for me! biggrin Chocolate rules! biggrin

#172930 04/01/06 07:50 AM
I
I
Dear Alex,
thank you very much for your reply. I am not supporter of Society of St Josaphat. I can not understand their politics..., I am not doing attacs on JPII Or Card Husar. I just wanted to say that the way of ecumenism they do is not the right one. Bl. Vasyl Velychkovski connfessed my great grand father before he died in Vorkuta in 1948. I tresure their blood, because its a sead if christianity in Ukraine.
Z Bohom
Ivasyk

#172931 04/01/06 09:07 AM
Dearest in Christ Ivasyk
I have been watching your posts; now you say that you are not with the Soc. of St Josaphat yet go to SSPX for Mass. Perhaps you might like to get into contact with us; we're perhaps more able to help you.

I can understand your anger and disappointment and perhaps this needs to be worked out a bit.

But remember you have to 'stick with the Church' through everything; that's what we try to do is some way to hold on even though we are not always appreciated (which is good for the soul too wink for, as the Holy Ghost says: "We may be unfaithful, but He is always faithful, for he cannot deny His own self." This means that we all are unfaithful, including the ministers of the Church no matter how high up; God's servant have often failed; in their failings we are all punished,(scandal, loss of faith etc etc) but we must endure whatever happens to us knowing that God sees all and he will not have us suffer temptation beyond our limits. Therefore we need a supernatural view on everything. A great book for this in less than 50 pages is St Alphonsus' "Uniformity with the Will of God" TAN print it, I can get you a copy.Anyway it amounts to this: Take the difficulties face on; accept the scandals you see with a brave and constant spirit trusting in God through it all. After all this world is, (as we say in the Latin rite), a vale of tears, lacrimarum valle ; there will always be crosses one one kind or another.

What I humbly suggest, if it can be helpful, is for you to deal with these issues off-line. I say this for the following reason: your remarks are making some people commit faults of charity and upsetting them: and I think that you would not want to be a cause of making people commit a fault of charity in reading what you write.
Unfortunately, they don't understand your pain; they seem to want only to be understood themselves. Your pains cause them to react fairly violently: therefore I think that they are not the ones who are able to help you; it seems that way to me.

If you are already going to an SSPX chapel then I think that it would be appropriate to speak to me, and if I'm not the one for you, I can find you someone who can help. You love the Church, you are scandalised in her ministers, you have Vorkuta blood in your Greek Catholic heart; you are Greek Catholic but especially Catholic Catholic first. I hear a lot of things between the lines.
I'll send you a PM an give you my e-mail address and you can take it from there; but feel free; I think I could help.
Also I will be going to Ukraine in May, usually using good old el-cheap-o Ryanair through Kracow. If you would like to meet I could arrange it for sure. As you like. The ball's in your court.
Devotedly in humility and charity
Fr ichael Mary, C.SS.R.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2024). All rights reserved.