The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Mage, haiderbuttcs, Symeon03, Virginia, Raúl Fernández
6,067 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (theophan), 277 guests, and 122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,430
Posts416,974
Members6,067
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
My mother had a horrible pain in her left breast last weekend and went to the emergency room on Monday (the 1st). They sent her home with antibiotics and vicadin telling her that she had 2 abscesses and needed to see her gynecologist first to check her out. She went this morning and the gyno told her that the doctor she saw on Monday was a fool to let for go and that she needed surgery ASAP to get rid of these abscesses, because it could be a rare cancer. So she's at the emergency room (at a different hospital from Monday) waiting to be operated on. I would GREATLY appreciate it if you could keep her in your prayers. Her name is Patricia (Patti). Thank you.

Gretchen

Last edited by blessedbyzgirl; 01/04/07 06:20 PM.
O
O
Prayers for Patricia

Catholic Gyoza
Catholic Gyoza
Through the intercession of St. Agatha, I pray that Patricia's surgery will proceed without complication.

B
OP Offline
B
My mom was admitted into the hospital around lunch time today and managed to get a little side room (which was nice, since they had patients in beds in the hallway. They were PACKED). They ran tests on her which we didn't receive results from until about an hour or so ago. Meanwhile, they placed two I.V. tubes in her, one for antibiotics, one for hydration (she apparently was extremely dehydrated. She looks ten times better than she has looked all week just because of that). The antibiotics were doing their job. The redness went down a lot. Then the test results came in and she just has an abundant supply of white blood cells in that area, which means she has a huge infection. No cancer, praise God. The doctor was supposed to come in either tonight or tomorrow morning to surgically remove the infection. It is the only way to remove it completely. So we left the hospital and weren't home for more than half an hour when we got a phone call from mom. The surgeon came in to see her, finally, and said that there was no time for an operation, since they were so packed. So he ordered a small operating table full of tools and just cut her open and scraped out the infection. Of course, the nurses weren't ready for that, so my mom only had the pain relieving medication in her from today. Not enough for operation, obviously. The nurses are now scrambling to find stronger pain relieving medications. Hopefully, mom will recover from that incident tonight and will be let go no later than Saturday morning, I'm hoping. Perhaps even tomorrow afternoon. I hope I never have to go through what she's just gone through!!! Holy Moses, incredible.

Gretchen,

I am praying that your mom, Patricia's, recovery goes well and that she feels better soon. Let us know how she is doing.

In the Name of Jesus,

Mary Jo

Last edited by Porter; 01/06/07 02:40 PM.
B
OP Offline
B
My mom is doing much better now and is hopefully coming home tomorrow. The doctor will check her out today sometime to confirm that. Thank you all for your prayers! They worked.

God Bless.

B
OP Offline
B
She came home today.

O
O
great news smile

Prayers for her continuing recovery

Catholic Gyoza
Catholic Gyoza
Wonderful news!

I pray for her complete recovery through the intercession of St. Agatha.

Prayers for her healing...

james

prayers for healing and a wonderful recovery.
Much Love,
Jonn

GLORY TO GOD!

MAY YOU BOTH BE HEALED. You as a young woman and a caregiver, may you realize how much you are loved by God. May you be given and be willing to receive all the grace that our Heavenly Father desires to bestow upon you for the task at hand.

Through the prayers of the Most Holy Theotokos, the mother of us all, may you both be restored.

M
M
LORD BLESS THIS WOMAN WITH A TOTAL AND COMPLETE HEALING . THANK YOU FATHER FOR HER SUCCESSFUL SURGICAL PROCEDURE . BLESS HER WITH HER TOTAL RECOVERY LORD ! LORD HEAR THIS PRAYER ! All glory and honor is yours Almighty Father ! Thank you Father , in Jesus's name, amen . / John

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2024). All rights reserved.