The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Mage, haiderbuttcs, Symeon03, Virginia, Raúl Fernández
6,067 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (theophan), 277 guests, and 122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,430
Posts416,974
Members6,067
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#251262 08/31/07 04:28 PM
OP Offline
Glory be unto our Lord Jesus Christ!

I've been asked to introduce myself but I am not too sure on how to do this so here goes:-

I am Collin Michael Nunis from Malaysia. I'm 21 this year and currently an undergraduate, studying for my degree in Computer Science in a local university in Kuala Lumpur which has a credit transfer arrangement with a few universities in Australia. I plan to relocate to Australia next year to complete my education.

I am a Roman Catholic but have been fascinated with Eastern Christianity for a long time, so much so that I've actually considered the possibility of being one. Many reasons I have and I will share them only in private. I got more interested in it when I found out of the Eastern Christians in communion with Rome.

There's much I need to know about Greek Catholicism (Byzantine, or whatever you call it)like traditions, practices, customs, catechism and theology. I'm pretty new to all these so bear with me and tell me what I need to know. I'd appreciate all the "spoonfeeding" that I can get. There's virtually nothing in Malaysia on Eastern Christianity except the Internet so in case there's anything thats missing on the Internet that I should know about with regards to Eastern Christianity, please let me know.

I must thank all those who I've been in contact with on this forum, especially Matta, Edward Yong, and Fr. Serge, who have enhanced my awareness on the Eastern Rite. Hope to hear more from you.

With love in Christ, and for His glory,

Catholic Gyoza
Catholic Gyoza
Colin, if you are going to be an Eastern Catholic, you'd better get used to being "spoon fed!" biggrin

OP Offline
Communion wise? Meh... The Melkites use intinction... I'm going to stick with that for now... :p

Catholic Gyoza
Catholic Gyoza
Originally Posted by Collin Nunis
Communion wise? Meh... The Melkites use intinction... I'm going to stick with that for now... :p

blush

Kinda ruins the joke doesn't it. biggrin

OP Offline
OMG... Only Dr. Eric here to welcome me?! :p

A
A
Welcome aboard!

Your initiation into the Eastern Churches will be a long process but fascinating, especially to Latin Riters like us!

(Whatever happened to "Lina Joy"?)

OP Offline
Well, apparently she, the priest who baptised her, and i think her lover/husband (not much is mentioned of him) are all overseas. From what I heard through the grapevine, she's in Australia. As for the priest, the KL Archdiocesan directory states that he is currently based in Louisana.

Hi Collin,

If you know Edward, you are in good hands. I'm happy to count him a friend and you won't find many people with greater knowledge of the East.

May God bless you on your journey!

Peace,

Brian

OP Offline
Yes indeed. His knowledge of the East is indeed fantastic.

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2024). All rights reserved.