The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
QuisUtDeus, James_890, Seryozha, Augustin C, CharlesN
6,080 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (MalpanaGiwargis), 222 guests, and 38 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,440
Posts417,072
Members6,080
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#283704 03/22/08 10:54 AM
O
O Offline
I received this e-mail from Gaudior[ an inactive member here ] a short time ago

Everyone, please pray for my goddaughter (OK, she's not yet, but she will be on May 18) Irini Maria, who is having surgery this afternoon for pyloric stenosis. It's an "easy" surgery, but please pray for her...at only 1 month old and under 6 pounds, she just seems too LITTLE for this. They are transferring her from Northshore Children's to Mass General in about an hour, and her surgery will be this afternoon, and hopefully she can go home tomorrow if she's eating.

Prayers, please, also, for her (distraught) parents Constantina and Panteleimon, and her twin brother Nicholas Leonidas.

for the last week this teeny infant has been having attacks of vomiting and has been losing weight.

As I understand it Gaudior's parents are caring for little Nicholas so his parents can be with his twin sister.

May our Lord have mercy on this little angel, and may the Angels of Heaven guide the surgeon's hands. May the intercessions of St. Nektarios grant complete and total healing to this precious child, and may the blessed Virgin Mary console and give strength and faith to her scared parents. AMEN!

In Christ,
Alice

B
B Offline
Prayers for her, and also for Gaudior - definitely missed on this forum.

E
E Offline
You holy children who play before the throne of God, pray for
this child.

Edmac #283740 03/22/08 09:44 PM
Prayers for little Irini Maria and family...

james

Jakub. #283744 03/22/08 11:35 PM
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Prayers for Irini Maria, that she be healed completely of this condition and that God grant her many years. Prayers also for the comforting of her family at this stressful time.

Anhelhyna,

Please give my best to our dear friend Gaudior whom I, and I'm certain many others, miss greatly.

Many years,

Neil

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
O
O Offline
Another message from Gaudior

She's out of surgery biggrin and may go home tomorrow or the next day if she's eating. Thank you for prayers!

On behalf of little Irini Maria , her twin Nicholas Leonidas and their loving worried-out-of-their-minds parents and Godparents-to-be thank you all for your prayers

Neil - I have passed the link for this thread to Gaudior

M
M Offline
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, for the prayers of Your Most Holy Mother, Most Ever-Virgin Maria, and of all Your Saints, restore the health of the little child Irini Maria, heal her entirely, keep her together with Nicholas-Leonidas healthy, have much mercy, Lord!, comfort the minds of their parents and Godparents.
May God bless them all!

Marian #283784 03/23/08 11:59 AM
I thank all of you who have prayed for my goddaughter-to-be and her family. Praise be to God and His saints, Irini Maria is doing very well this morning, eating well, and may even be allowed to go home this afternoon if all continues well. Her parents thank everyone for their prayers with tears in their eyes, and count themselves truly blessed that so many people will pray for them. Her twin, especially, is glad to have his sister healed. Their father told me this morning that when they saw each other for the first time after Irini Maria's surgery, both previously calm children took one look at each other and began to howl. This was the first time they had been apart, ever, and all their life so far, when one is crying, it only needs putting the other down next to them to calm them...being separated must have been quite stressful for them. Praise be to God in His Mercy, they will not be apart much longer. My goddaughter's yowls for her bottle were right back up to normal deafening pitch...a beautiful sound!

Gaudior, who thanks you all with overflowing joy for your prayers. (And who wishes those on the Gregorian Calendar a Happy Easter.)

Praise be to God for His goodness and miracles at this holy time of year!

Thank you for your update dear Gaudior,
Alice

Alice #283842 03/24/08 12:43 AM
Prayers,
CS

I offer my prayers for her complete healing through the intercession of Saint Charbel.

God bless and keep you....

Alice #284210 03/26/08 03:43 PM
Orthodox Christian
Orthodox Christian
Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory forever!

Lord of Powers be with us, for in times of distress we have no other helper but you. God of Powers have mercy on baby Maria and family.

O
O Offline
I have just received this from Gaudior

Little Rena (Irini Maria) has been cranky, slightly feverish, and out of sorts for a few days. Last night doctors told her mom and dad to take her in to Northshore Children's Hospital for tests, so @ midnight last night they were doing blood work, and had scheduled her for a spinal tap some time @ 2:30 this morning, in case she has meningitis

This poor wee kiddy is not having an easy start to her life.

Prayers for Irini Maria and her worried parents

Prayers for wee Nicholas , once more separated from his twin sister

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2024). All rights reserved.