The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Mage, haiderbuttcs, Symeon03, Virginia, Raúl Fernández
6,067 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (theophan), 277 guests, and 122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,430
Posts416,974
Members6,067
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
I'm looking for a good Eastern Catholic catechism, of a similar or better quality to the one on the Vatican's website. Is "Christ our Pascha" (published by the Ukrainian Catholics) the best there is, or does someone have a better suggestion?

I have a degree in theology, so any level of complexity is OK for me. But could somebody also suggest perhaps a good one for children?

God bless!

In what language?

"Christ our Pascha" for instance is supposed to be published in English in a few months, but hasn't been yet.

When our children were very young, we used Give Thanks to the Lord: A Catechism for Children from The Committee for Ukrainian Christian Education. Although not a catechism, per se, we've also liked the Bless Us, O Lord series from Eastern Christian Publications (Vol. 1: My First Prayers, Vol. 2: Understanding My Prayers, Vol. 3: My Daily Prayers).

Last edited by Zita; 11/14/14 04:35 PM.
L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by JBenedict
In what language?

"Christ our Pascha" for instance is supposed to be published in English in a few months, but hasn't been yet.

English please. Wasn't aware that CoP isn't in English yet, do you know if the original text is good?

English please. Wasn't aware that CoP isn't in English yet, do you know if the original text is good?

I would recommend the Light for Life series. It is a three part Catechism prepared for the Eastern Catholic bishops in the United States. It is easy to read and is very orthodox.

You can get them from God with Us Publications here [store.godwithusbooks.org]

Last edited by Nelson Chase; 11/19/14 12:21 PM.
Wasn't aware that CoP isn't in English yet, do you know if the original text is good?

I don't read Ukrainian, so no idea!

I second the Light for Life cathechism series. Solid & understandable.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Yes we use the three part Light for Life at our parish for adult classes and for those adults preparing for baptism or transfer of Church.
I also highly recommend the series.
Fr Deacon El
Byzantine Catholic Eparchy of Passaic

Moderated by  theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2024). All rights reserved.