The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Mage, haiderbuttcs, Symeon03, Virginia, Raúl Fernández
6,067 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (theophan), 277 guests, and 122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,430
Posts416,974
Members6,067
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
https://nypost.com/2023/01/26/sister-mary-johnice-stops-robbery-at-response-to-love-center/

What a Brave and Heroic nun, may God bless her and may we have more courageous people like that!

Thank you for this. Links to articles are allowed, but I dont think that direct videos are.
In Christ,
Alice

1 member likes this: Christbearer25
Online Content
Christ is in our midst!!

Alice,

You are correct. I deleted the huge video that was posted.

Bob

Online Content
Christ is in our midst!!

Christbearer25,

What does this thread have to do with Eastern Christianity?

Bob

OP Offline
Dear Bob,

Your site says Byzantine Catholic. So I thought it combines both Catholicism and Orthodoxy. Please clarify??? I'm confused now!

In Christ,

Christbearer25,

Online Content
Christ is in our midst!!

Christbearer25,

The question is, and remains, what does this link you posted have to do with Eastern Christianity? I followed your link and can find no reference to Eastern Christianity in it.

You continue to post so many irrelevant links that it becomes necessary to challenge you. I deleted the big video you posted because it did nothing to add to the original post, except to take up space.

Please consider what you post going forward.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Just a note as an occasional forum user. I see the description for Town Hall is "Discuss topics of general interest here." This post would seem to fall into a general topic of interest. Unless, of course, there needs to be clarification as to Town Hall's purpose?

I personally don't know the OP nor have I spoken to them about the post, but that is my thinking. Thank you!

Online Content
Christ is in our midst!!

OEFNavyVet,

The poster you refer to continues to post without thinking. The poster also continues to pretend to teach others in other parts of the forum and has been admonished by more Moderators than me. I mentioned above that this person had posted a huge video of the same topic as the previous thread, taking up a lot of bandwidth. That is the reason I made the comment that I did.

OP Offline
Dear Bob,

I apologize for any inconvenience I caused. I thought your site combines both Catholicism and Orthodoxy traditions. The nun is Catholic and her actions are heroic....something that is missing in our culture. Additionally, I like to post some clips by either traditions to help us grow spiritually. What's wrong with that, don't we all need to grow spiritually? Both you and John V have been discouraging me from doing so. Please show me what is permitted to post?

Online Content
Christ is in our midst!!

Christbearer25,

May I suggest you go to the head of this section and read "Who we are." You have come to this forum and have projected an attitude by your posts that you are here to train us. May I suggest that you read through some of the threads and find out what Eastern Christianity is about, what concerns Eastern Christians have.

Eastern Christians have had poor treatment from Western Christians. This is a place where their legitimate concerns and approaches are our concern. These do not need to be filtered through a Western prism.

May I suggest you read more and post less until you get a feel for Eastern Christianity.

Bob

OP Offline
I understand this Bob and I am in the same boat. As Christians, Jesus Christ taught us, "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this/ By OUR LOVE TO ONE ANOTHER/ everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13:34-35)

Additionally, Jesus asked us to, "Love your Enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven." (Matthew 5:43-45)

If we fail to obey God and do His commandments, we should NOT call ourselves Christians.

God bless you Bob!

Online Content
Christ is in our midst!!

Christbearer25,

I received your notification to Moderators about my having deleted a post of yours. Actually, it's not deleted. I just chose not to approve it. If another Moderator wants to approve it, it's okay with me,

Bob

Hi Christbearer25,
(I dont know if you are male or female, but that's ok if thats the way you want it)
I read your post and feel that it would be better if you send it to the Moderator you are addressing by private message.
I hope that the air can be cleared this way.
I hope that you are having a blessed Lent so far!
Be well..
Kind regards,
Alice 🙏

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2024). All rights reserved.