The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Mage, haiderbuttcs, Symeon03, Virginia, Raúl Fernández
6,067 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (theophan), 277 guests, and 122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,430
Posts416,974
Members6,067
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Friends,

It seems fair to ask: "Given the fact that we have some priests who are very dynamic and very willing to put their lives on the line for the vision of the Church and given that we have the greatest vision of any Church in the world how many are thinking of staying with the Church and helping us to reach its destiny?"

I thought we could do polls. Since I can't figure out how to do one then this will have to be an informal one. How many of you are happy to stay with the Church and help her realize her vision?

Dan L

OP Offline
No one is thinking about staying with the Church? Well, I am.

Dan L

Originally posted by Dan Lauffer:
No one is thinking about staying with the Church? Well, I am.

Dan L
Well, I certainly am. In fact, this was just the kick in the pants that I needed to solve my ritual identity crisis. As each day passes, I realize more and more that I've been called to be an Eastern Christian. I'm certainly not about to fight my destiny over a few changes in words.

Dan,

I'm staying. The Byzantine Catholic Church needs Byzantine Catholics. cool

In Christ,

John

B
B
I'm staying. The problem has been that the Byzantine Church has not had a vision, at least a long-term vision. There's nothing wrong at all with vision, but it's something you need to have up front.

I'm staying. Church, like family, means that you take the good times with the bad. And our church has alot of undiscovered strengths that I believe are ready to be shared with the world.

Most Holy Theotokos, Mother of the Church, pray for us!

John Paul the Great, patron of the New Evangelization, pray for us!

Gordo

I
I
I'm not really "thinking about staying with the Church", because I have neither the wish nor the intention of leaving the Church. I don't want to leave, and I see no reason at all why I should leave.

Incognitus

OP Offline
This is good news indeed. Now, let us get together and help Father Loya with realizing a vital vision for the Church with the help of the Most Holy Trinity.

No more whining, ok?

Dan L

I
I
Dear Dan,
CHRIST IS RISEN! Now, now; a bit of whining (did I spell that right?) and dining is part of a well-balanced life. Too much of either could throw one off balance, I must admit.

Incognitus

OP Offline
You do have a point. wink

CDL

Moderated by  theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2024). All rights reserved.