The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
QuisUtDeus, James_890, Seryozha, Augustin C, CharlesN
6,080 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (MalpanaGiwargis), 222 guests, and 38 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,440
Posts417,072
Members6,080
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#88591 11/18/04 10:28 AM
Hi Everyone!

For those in the Baltimore-DC Metro area, my parish, PATRONAGE OF THE MOTHER OF GOD BYZANTINE CATHOLIC CHURCH, www.patronagechurch.com [patronagechurch.com] , will be having it's annual Holiday Slavic Food Fest, this Saturday, starting at 10:00.

The ladies are busy baking nut, poppyseed, apricott and lekvar rolls and have already made over 1,000 stuffed cabbage.

I would like to ask for your prayers so this event will, once again, be successful as this and our Easter Festival are a MAJOR source of income for our small parish.

I'd also like to ask for your prayers as I've been asked to demostrate "ikon writing" and to put up the religious display and give church tours on an "as needed" basis and to answer any questions. I've done this in the past and it's been a great success. We've gotten a few new parish members from this outreach.

Hope to have a full report later in the weekend!

Thanks!

marko biggrin

the ikon writer
#88592 11/18/04 05:38 PM
I
I Offline
Best wishes for a happy and successful food fest! Wish I could be there, but I can't this Sunday. Will the menu include steamed crabs?

Incognitus

#88593 11/18/04 07:48 PM
R
Bill from Pgh
Bill from Pgh
R Offline
Dear Marko,

Blessings for your Food Festival!

I know my local Greek church could probably reel me in hook,line and sinker after a dinner of souvlakia, some pastitsio, and a cup of coffee with baklava!

Stuffed cabbage and a few Pirohi (spelled right?) sound pretty good too!

Bill

#88594 11/19/04 02:00 AM
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Prayers for a wonderfully successful festival, both as to raising funds and as to evangelizing.

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
#88595 11/20/04 11:10 PM
SLAVA ISUSU CHRISTU!

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your prayers!

It appears that we have had another successful Food Festival... we ran out of food again... biggrin

We had between 50 and 75 people that came to look at the display and church tour. I answered some interesting questions and many of the standard ones too... We also had one gentleman who stayed and listened for over an hour and then went and gave our priest a donation of $500!!

Anyone who wants to see pics of our Festival and the display in the church, go to www.patronagechurch.com [patronagechurch.com] and click on the link for Fall Festival 2004.

Thanks again!!!

mark

the ikon writer
#88596 11/21/04 01:58 AM
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.

Moderated by  Fr. Deacon Lance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2024). All rights reserved.