PA: Clymer - 2

688_ico
688_img
Metro Area: Pittsburgh (PA)
St Michael Greek Catholic (Ruthenian)
Historical Entry: Translated to Orthodoxy, Re-established, Relocated, & Renamed
Formerly at:
465 Morris St
Clymer
PA
15728-1267
USA
Historical Location - Not A Mailing Address Or Active Location
Rite: Byzantine
Church sui iuris: Byzantine Ruthenian Catholic
Canonical Jurisdiction(s):
Apostolic Exarchate: US, Faithful of the Oriental Rites (Ruthenian)
Cemetery: Unknown

Sacramental Records Presumed to be at:
(For the period 1907-1964 only)
Ss Peter & Paul Byzantine Church
714 Sutton St
Punxsutawney
PA
15767-1336
USA
Ph: 814-938-6564
Fax: 814-938-6551

The interior and exterior photographs above are of the temple from which the Byzantine Catholics departed in 1935 and which became and remains St Michael Orthodox Church (ACROD).
Status & Location Changes:
Formed in: 1907, by St Michael Lodge 414, Greek Catholic Union, under the patronage of St Michael
Other Date: 1935, translated to Orthodoxy as St Michael Orthodox Greek-Catholic Church (ACROD)
Other Date: 1935, re-established by those remaining subject to the Apostolic Exarchate of the US (Ruthenian)
Relocated in: 1935, to meet at St Anthony (Latin) Church, Morris St, Clymer PA
Mission established in: 1935, by Ss Peter & Paul, Punxsutawney PA, under the patronage of St Michael
Renamed in: 1964, as St Anne Byzantine (Ruthenian), a mission of Ss Peter & Paul, Patton PA
For this church, this is entry 1
of 2
This Entry Last Updated: 01/25/2010
Latitude: 40.6666673
Longitude: -79.011644
Powered by SobiPro